Monday 10 September 2012

Patterns & Postcards

Whilst reading blogs yesterday (ok I know I should be sewing or doing something constructive, but let's call this tidying and organising), I discovered this wonderful idea by The Perfect Nose:

In her words:

Patterns and Postcards is an inter-blog swapfest. General guidelines are as follows:
List it: You have till the end of September 2012 to scan/ photograph everything you’d like to swap (might be a good idea to break it up into separate posts as all that scanning can get tedious after a while) and post it on your blog (if you have one) or as a Flickr/ Picassa set or Thinglink image.
Make it accessible: If you’re on Flick/ ThinkLink/ Picassa or any other image hosting site, check that you’ve set viewing access to be public so that everyone can see your swapfest goodies.
Claim it: A lot of people have expressed concerns about dibsies, so as of today there is is no official deadline for dibsies, if you like something, leave a comment/ send a message/ tweet/ email stating what you like with a link to the post/ picture set of stuff you’ve listed for swap so your swapee can choose something for themselves (and decide whether they want to swap).
Tag it: If something from your list has been spoken for, edit your post/ listing to mark it as taken (or delete it from the listing) so that you don’t get multiple dibs on the same item.
Mail it: It would be great to have things decided on and mailed by the end of October so recipients receive them early to mid November (which leaves everyone free for focusing solely on holiday/ family/ shopping stresses without having to worry about swaps etc).
Keep it social: Send your swap partner a quick email or blog comment as soon as you receive your parcel. Not only is this the polite (read, humane) thing to do, it’s great for senders to know that the goodies have arrived safely and aren’t languishing unclaimed in a customs hold up somewhere.

Also:
Once you’ve decided what you want and what you’re ready to swap for it, contact the person you want to swap with and let them know what you’d like to swap for/ with. Then put everything together and add an awesome (funny, weird, crazy) postcard to the parcel and hit send make the pilgrimage to the post office and be forced to interact with other human beings in real life.

Here are my offerings, all are uncut and in good condition unless stated:

IMG_1937 Swapped
Swapped with Symon Sez
IMG_1936

IMG_1944
Swapped with Modern Vintage Cupcakes
IMG_1943
IMG_1942 IMG_1938
IMG_1939 Swapped
Swapped with Symon Sez
IMG_1935
Swapped with Tatulinka's Tales
 
IMG_1941  
Used, Bust 40", envelope not original

IMG_1940 Swapped
Swapped with Poppet Hill

IMG_1945
Used, cut in size 12 (australian)
If you are interested, please leave a comment and let me know what you have to swap and we can do a deal!!

5 comments:

  1. Oh goodie! I've added you to the list of participants- normally I'd jump on the Burda mag but I only just won it in an epic ebay battle two weeks ago XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment on my post! I've set aside the patterns you wanted & updated my blog so you have dibsies! :) I sent you an email but just in case you don't get it, I would be interested in Vogue 2005 & 1881 or the Burda mag – whatever you’re willing to trade! ^___^ Cheers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hiya! I'd love to swap something for your Vogue 5782. My list of patterns are over here: http://poppethillroad.blogspot.com.au/2012/09/patterns-and-postcards.html let me know if anything takes your fancy! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. If the Burda magazine is still available, I'd love to trade for it! My posts with swap items are here, am happy to swap as many as you are interested in :)
    http://tatulinkastales.blogspot.com.au/2012/09/postcard-swap.html
    http://tatulinkastales.blogspot.com.au/2012/09/patterns-and-postcards-swap-part-2.html
    http://tatulinkastales.blogspot.com.au/2012/09/patterns-and-postcards-swap-part-3.html
    http://tatulinkastales.blogspot.com.au/2012/09/patterns-and-postcards-swap-part-4.html
    http://tatulinkastales.blogspot.com.au/2012/09/postcard-swap-part-5-final.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there. Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog! I've put aside Simplicity 7626 for you - can you email me your address and I'll pop it in the mail this week. (My email is macska at gmail dot com.) :-)

    I'm interested in the Burda magazine or McCalls 3577 - whichever you're keen to swap.

    ReplyDelete