Tuesday, 21 August 2012
My first version of the Sencha Blouse by Colette. I did a toile first which showed I needed to make a small shoulder adjustment as it was not comfortable to wear.
I underlined the whole garment as the original fabric was pretty sheer and used french seams throughout.
I used a size 6 in the top (and adjusted for narrow shoulders) and then graduated to a 12 for my waist and hips. I found that due to the blouseyness (is that a word?) of the pattern an FBA was not required.
I omitted the neck facing and instead incorporated the underlining to make a nice clean neck finish.
I also omitted the back buttons as there is no way I could reach to do them up! I cut the back on the fold instead and like the clean lines this option gives. I may do a version in the future with a faux back button opening as I found the pattern has enough room in it to go over my head just fine.
For those followers, you may recognise the fabric, it is a hack of my previous fail garment. I am much happier with this and took great pleasure in cutting the failure into pieces!! I am really happy with the fit of this blouse and it is comfortable, wearable and I think flattering. I shall definitely be making more.