Wednesday 2 May 2012

Addicted to Spots


This is my latest creation (Butterick 5088) - finally finished after months of sitting on my dummy.  I had several hurdles to completion, it took me ages to find buttons I was happy with and then it was hot over summer and so there was no motivation to finish it. 

Now is is getting colder at night in Brisbane I was finally motivated to complete it.  I love the sleeve detail and slightly retro feel.


It seems I have a fascination with spots right now having jsut bought black/white, red/white and blue/white fabrics for dresses and skirts.  I couldn't decide so bought them all.

6 comments:

  1. Yay another brissy girl! Love your jacket and welcome. I just started my blog too. I will have to find out where you get your fabric from because I am struggling to find nice jacket/wool material! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The jacket fabric I bought from Spotlight a couple of years ago, they do have ok fabric every now and then if you are prepared to search! I also buy when I travel and online. Nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also, there is some really nice fabric at The Fabric Store in the Valley.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your jacket.. I too ...love,love polka dots.. Can't resist them.
    Happy sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay great thank you. I have seen okay fabric at spotlight but it's seems so much more expensive than the independent stores. I'll def check out the valley store thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Eeeeeeee long hair!!!! I've gotta say - you rock the pixie look :)

    ReplyDelete